Synonyms of fault
- 1. mistake, error, fault, nonaccomplishment, nonachievement
- usage: a wrong action attributable to bad judgment or ignorance or inattention; "he made a bad mistake"; "she was quick to point out my errors"; "I could understand his English in spite of his grammatical faults"
- 2. defect, fault, flaw, imperfection, imperfectness
- usage: an imperfection in an object or machine; "a flaw caused the crystal to shatter"; "if there are any defects you should send it back to the manufacturer"
- 3. demerit, fault, worth
- usage: the quality of being inadequate or falling short of perfection; "they discussed the merits and demerits of her novel"; "he knew his own faults much better than she did"
- 4. fault, faulting, geological fault, shift, fracture, break, crack, cleft, crevice, fissure, scissure
- usage: (geology) a crack in the earth's crust resulting from the displacement of one side with respect to the other; "they built it right over a geological fault"; "he studied the faulting of the earth's crust"
- 5. fault, breakdown, equipment failure
- usage: (electronics) equipment failure attributable to some defect in a circuit (loose connection or insulation failure or short circuit etc.); "it took much longer to find the fault than to fix it"
- 6. fault, responsibility, responsibleness
- usage: responsibility for a bad situation or event; "it was John's fault"
- 7. fault, serve, service
- usage: (sports) a serve that is illegal (e.g., that lands outside the prescribed area); "he served too many double faults"
- 1. blame, fault, charge, accuse
- usage: put or pin the blame on
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of fault (Dictionary)