WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. event, psychological feature
- usage: something that happens at a given place and time
- 2. event, case, circumstance
- usage: a special set of circumstances; "in that event, the first possibility is excluded"; "it may rain in which case the picnic will be canceled"
- 3. event, physical phenomenon
- usage: a phenomenon located at a single point in space-time; the fundamental observational entity in relativity theory
- 4. consequence, effect, outcome, result, event, issue, upshot, phenomenon
- usage: a phenomenon that follows and is caused by some previous phenomenon; "the magnetic effect was greater when the rod was lengthwise"; "his decision had depressing consequences for business"; "he acted very wise after the event"
All rights reserved.
See also: event (Dictionary)