event: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (i-vent'), [key]
- something that happens or is regarded as happening; an occurrence, esp. one of some importance.
- the outcome, issue, or result of anything: The venture had no successful event.
- something that occurs in a certain place during a particular interval of time.
- in relativity, an occurrence that is sharply localized at a single point in space and instant of time. Cf. world point.
- any of the contests in a program made up of one sport or of a number of sports: The broad jump event followed the pole vault.
- regardless of what happens; in any case.
- if there should be: In the event of rain, the party will be held indoors.
- if it should happen that; in case: In the event that I can't come back by seven, you can eat without me.
- event (Thesaurus)