Synonyms of dumb
- 1. dense, dim, dull, dumb, obtuse, slow, stupid (vs. smart)
- usage: slow to learn or understand; lacking intellectual acuity; "so dense he never understands anything I say to him"; "never met anyone quite so dim"; "although dull at classical learning, at mathematics he was uncommonly quick"- Thackeray; "dumb officials make some really dumb decisions"; "he was either normally stupid or being deliberately obtuse"; "worked with the slow students"
- 2. speechless, dumb, inarticulate (vs. articulate), unarticulate
- usage: temporarily incapable of speaking; "struck dumb"; "speechless with shock"
- 3. dumb, inarticulate (vs. articulate), unarticulate
- usage: lacking the power of human speech; "dumb animals"
- 4. dumb, mute, silent, inarticulate (vs. articulate), unarticulate
- usage: unable to speak because of hereditary deafness
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of dumb (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.