WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. distraction, confusion, mental confusion, confusedness, muddiness, disarray
- usage: mental turmoil; "he drives me to distraction"
- 2. distraction, inattention
- usage: an obstacle to attention
- 3. beguilement, distraction, entertainment, amusement
- usage: an entertainment that provokes pleased interest and distracts you from worries and vexations
- 4. distraction, misdirection, revision, alteration
- usage: the act of distracting; drawing someone's attention away from something; "conjurers are experts at misdirection"
All rights reserved.
See also: distraction (Dictionary)