Meaning of distraction
Pronunciation: (di-strak'shun), [key]
- the act of distracting.
- the state of being distracted.
- mental distress or derangement: That child will drive me to distraction.
- that which distracts, divides the attention, or prevents concentration: The distractions of the city interfere with my studies.
- that which amuses, entertains, or diverts; amusement; entertainment: Fishing is his major distraction.
- division or disorder caused by dissension; tumult.
- distraction (Thesaurus)