WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. dissipation, dispersion, scattering
- usage: breaking up and scattering by dispersion; "the dissipation of the mist"
- 2. profligacy, dissipation, dissolution, licentiousness, looseness, intemperance, intemperateness, self-indulgence
- usage: dissolute indulgence in sensual pleasure
- 3. waste, wastefulness, dissipation, activity
- usage: useless or profitless activity; using or expending or consuming thoughtlessly or carelessly; "if the effort brings no compensating gain it is a waste"; "mindless dissipation of natural resources"
All rights reserved.
See also: dissipation (Dictionary)