Synonyms of device
- 1. device, instrumentality, instrumentation
- usage: an instrumentality invented for a particular purpose; "the device is small enough to wear on your wrist"; "a device intended to conserve water"
- 2. device, expressive style, style
- usage: something in an artistic work designed to achieve a particular effect
- 3. device, gimmick, twist, maneuver, manoeuvre, tactical maneuver, tactical manoeuvre
- usage: any clever maneuver; "he would stoop to any device to win a point"; "it was a great sales gimmick"; "a cheap promotions gimmick for greedy businessmen"
- 4. device, design, pattern, figure
- usage: any ornamental pattern or design (as in embroidery)
- 5. device, emblem
- usage: an emblematic design (especially in heraldry); "he was recognized by the device on his shield"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of device (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.