WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. trader, bargainer, dealer, monger, merchant, merchandiser
- usage: someone who purchases and maintains an inventory of goods to be sold
- 2. dealer, firm, house, business firm
- usage: a firm engaged in trading
- 3. dealer, seller, marketer, vender, vendor, trafficker
- usage: a seller of illicit goods; "a dealer in stolen goods"
- 4. principal, dealer, financier, moneyman
- usage: the major party to a financial transaction at a stock exchange; buys and sells for his own account
- 5. dealer, card player
- usage: the person who distributes the playing cards in a card game
All rights reserved.
See also: dealer (Dictionary)