dealer: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (dē'lur), [key]
- a person who buys and sells articles without altering their condition; trader or merchant, esp. a wholesaler: I got a dealer's discount on this coat.
- the player distributing the cards.
- a person who behaves or acts toward another or others in a specified manner: a plain dealer.
- a person who buys and sells drugs illegally.
- a person who buys securities for his or her account and retains them until sold to another. Cf.
- dealer (Thesaurus)