- 1. couple, twosome, duo, duet, pair
- usage: a pair who associate with one another; "the engaged couple"; "an inseparable twosome"
- 2. couple, mates, match, family, family unit
- usage: a pair of people who live together; "a married couple from Chicago"
- 3. couple, small indefinite quantity, small indefinite amount
- usage: a small indefinite number; "he's coming for a couple of days"
- 4. couple, pair, twosome, twain, brace, span, yoke, couplet, distich, duo, duet, dyad, duad, two, 2, II, deuce
- usage: two items of the same kind
- 5. couple, unit, building block
- usage: (physics) something joined by two equal and opposite forces that act along parallel lines
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. match, mate, couple, pair, twin, join, bring together
- usage: bring two objects, ideas, or people together; "This fact is coupled to the other one"; "Matchmaker, can you match my daughter with a nice young man?"; "The student was paired with a partner for collaboration on the project"
- 2. couple, couple on, couple up, attach
- usage: link together; "can we couple these proposals?"
- 3. pair, pair off, partner off, couple, unite, unify
- usage: form a pair or pairs; "The two old friends paired off"
- 4. copulate, mate, pair, couple, join, conjoin
- usage: engage in sexual intercourse; "Birds mate in the Spring"
All rights reserved.
See also: couple (Dictionary)