WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. community, gathering, assemblage
- usage: a group of people living in a particular local area; "the team is drawn from all parts of the community"
- 2. community, ownership
- usage: common ownership; "they shared a community of possessions"
- 3. community, world organization, world organisation, international organization, international organisation, global organization
- usage: a group of nations having common interests; "they hoped to join the NATO community"
- 4. community, community of interests, agreement, accord
- usage: agreement as to goals; "the preachers and the bootleggers found they had a community of interests"
- 5. residential district, residential area, community, district, territory, territorial dominion, dominion
- usage: a district where people live; occupied primarily by private residences
- 6. community, biotic community, group, grouping
- usage: (ecology) a group of interdependent organisms inhabiting the same region and interacting with each other
All rights reserved.
See also: community (Dictionary)