WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. cartridge, ammunition, ammo
- usage: ammunition consisting of a cylindrical casing containing an explosive charge and a bullet; fired from a rifle or handgun
- 2. magazine, cartridge, supply chamber
- usage: a light-tight supply chamber holding the film and supplying it for exposure as required
- 3. cartridge, module
- usage: a module designed to be inserted into a larger piece of equipment; "he loaded a cartridge of fresh tape into the tape deck"
- 4. cartridge, pickup, electro-acoustic transducer
- usage: an electro-acoustic transducer that is the part of the arm of a record player that holds the needle and that is removable
All rights reserved.
See also: cartridge (Dictionary)