Synonyms of canvas
- 1. canvas, canvass, fabric, cloth, material, textile
- usage: a heavy, closely woven fabric (used for clothing or chairs or sails or tents)
- 2. canvas, canvass, oil painting
- usage: an oil painting on canvas fabric
- 3. canvas, canvass, setting, background, scope
- usage: the setting for a narrative or fictional or dramatic account; "the crowded canvas of history"; "the movie demanded a dramatic canvas of sound"
- 4. canvas tent, canvas, canvass, tent, collapsible shelter
- usage: a tent made of canvas fabric
- 5. sail, canvas, canvass, sheet, piece of cloth, piece of material
- usage: a large piece of fabric (usually canvas fabric) by means of which wind is used to propel a sailing vessel
- 6. canvas, canvass, mat, gym mat
- usage: the mat that forms the floor of the ring in which boxers or professional wrestlers compete; "the boxer picked himself up off the canvas"
- 1. canvass, canvas, solicit, beg, tap
- usage: solicit votes from potential voters in an electoral campaign
- 2. poll, canvass, canvas, survey
- usage: get the opinions (of people) by asking specific questions
- 3. canvas, cover
- usage: cover with canvas; "She canvassed the walls of her living room so as to conceal the ugly cracks"
- 4. analyze, analyse, study, examine, canvass, canvas
- usage: consider in detail and subject to an analysis in order to discover essential features or meaning; "analyze a sonnet by Shakespeare"; "analyze the evidence in a criminal trial"; "analyze your real motives"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of canvas (Dictionary)