WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. canonic, canonical
- usage: appearing in a biblical canon; "a canonical book of the Christian New Testament"
- 2. canonic, canonical
- usage: of or relating to or required by canon law
- 3. basic, canonic, canonical, standard (vs. nonstandard)
- usage: reduced to the simplest and most significant form possible without loss of generality; "a basic story line"; "a canonical syllable pattern"
- 4. canonic, canonical, sanctioned, orthodox (vs. unorthodox)
- usage: conforming to orthodox or recognized rules; "the drinking of cocktails was as canonical a rite as the mixing"- Sinclair Lewis
All rights reserved.
See also: canonical (Dictionary)