Meaning of canonical
Pronunciation: (ku-non'i-kul), [key]
- pertaining to, established by, or conforming to a canon or canons.
- included in the canon of the Bible.
- authorized; recognized; accepted: canonical works.
- (of an equation, coordinate, etc.) in simplest or standard form.
- following the pattern of a musical canon.
- (of a form or pattern) characteristic, general or basic: the canonical form of the past tense; a canonical syllable pattern.
- garments prescribed by canon law for clergy when officiating.
- canonical (Thesaurus)