- 1. approximate, come close, resemble
- usage: be close or similar; "Her results approximate my own"
- 2. estimate, gauge, approximate, guess, judge, calculate, cipher, cypher, compute, work out, reckon, figure
- usage: judge tentatively or form an estimate of (quantities or time); "I estimate this chicken to weigh three pounds"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. approximate, approximative, rough, inexact (vs. exact)
- usage: not quite exact or correct; "the approximate time was 10 o'clock"; "a rough guess"; "a ballpark estimate"
- 2. approximate, near, close (vs. distant)
- usage: very close in resemblance; "sketched in an approximate likeness"; "a near likeness"
- 3. approximate, close together(predicate), close (vs. distant)
- usage: located close together; "with heads close together"; "approximate leaves grow together but are not united"
All rights reserved.
See also: approximate (Dictionary)