WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. announce, denote, inform
- usage: make known; make an announcement; "She denoted her feelings clearly"
- 2. announce, declare, state, say, tell
- usage: announce publicly or officially; "The President declared war"
- 3. announce, name, identify
- usage: give the names of; "He announced the winners of the spelling bee"
- 4. announce, annunciate, harbinger, foretell, herald, tell
- usage: foreshadow or presage
All rights reserved.
See also: announce (Dictionary)