- 1. alpha, letter, letter of the alphabet, alphabetic character
- usage: the 1st letter of the Greek alphabet
- 2. alpha, start
- usage: the beginning of a series or sequence; "the Alpha and Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end"--Revelations
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. alpha, important (vs. unimportant), of import
- usage: first in order of importance; "the alpha male in the group of chimpanzees"; "the alpha star in a constellation is the brightest or main star"
- 2. alpha, exploratory (vs. nonexploratory), explorative
- usage: early testing stage of a software or hardware product; "alpha version"
All rights reserved.
See also: alpha (Dictionary)