- 1. alibi, defense, defence, vindication
- usage: (law) a defense by an accused person purporting to show that he or she could not have committed the crime in question
- 2. excuse, alibi, exculpation, self-justification, defense, defence, vindication
- usage: a defense of some offensive behavior or some failure to keep a promise etc.; "he kept finding excuses to stay"; "every day he had a new alibi for not getting a job"; "his transparent self-justification was unacceptable"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. alibi, excuse, explain
- usage: exonerate by means of an alibi
All rights reserved.
See also: alibi (Dictionary)