1990s Movie Quotes Quiz
"If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions."
- Samuel L. Jackson said this in his memorable role as Jules Winnfield.
"Don't stand in the way of my actualization as a man."
- Lotte Schwartz (Cameron Diaz) said this to her husband Craig Schwartz (John Cusack).
"You make me want to be a better man."
- Melvin Udall (Jack Nicholson) said this line to Carol Connelly (Helen Hunt). Both Nicholson and Hunt won Oscars for their roles in the film.
"All right, all right, all right."
- Matthew McConaughey made this line famous as Wooderson in the 1993 film. McConaughey would use the line again in 2014 while accepting the Best Actor Oscar for Dallas Buyers Club.
"If the First Amendment will protect a scumbag like me, it will protect all of you."
- Larry Flynt (Woody Harrelson) said this in the Milos Forman biopic.
"Sooner or later you're going to realize just as I did that there's a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
- Morpheus (Laurence Fishburne) said this while training Neo (Keanu Reeves). The Matrix became known for popularizing bullet time, a visual special effect.
"I do wish we could chat longer, but... I'm having an old friend for dinner."
- These are the last lines said by Hannibal Lecter (Anthony Hopkins) in the film.
"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything."
- Tyler Durden (Brad Pitt) said it in this 1999 film based on the novel of the same name by Chuck Palahniuk.
"I figure life's a gift and I don't intend on wasting it. You don't know what hand you're gonna get dealt next. You learn to take life as it comes at you... to make each day count."
- Said by Jack (Leonardo DiCaprio) in the the film. The studios wanted Matthew McConaughey for the role of Jack, but James Cameron insisted on Leonardo DiCaprio.
"I don't ever remember feeling this awake."
- Said by Thelma (Geena Davis) to Louise (Susan Sarandon) while they're on the run.