The Legendary Cleopatra Quiz
What was Cleopatra's native language?
- Although Cleopatra was the queen of Egypt, she was of Greek descent and spoke Greek as her first language.
Which famous Roman general was Cleopatra's lover?
- Cleopatra had a romantic relationship with Mark Antony, a powerful Roman general and politician who was one of the members of the Second Triumvirate.
What was the name of Cleopatra's first husband?
- Cleopatra married her younger brother, Ptolemy XIII, in order to maintain her royal status and consolidate her power in Egypt.
What was the name of Cleopatra's son with Julius Caesar?
- Cleopatra had a son with Julius Caesar, whom she named Caesarion, which means "little Caesar".
Which ancient city did Cleopatra famously visit with Mark Antony?
- Cleopatra visited Rome with Mark Antony, where they were met with great fanfare and public attention.
How did Cleopatra die?
- Cleopatra famously committed suicide by allowing herself to be bitten by a venomous snake, an asp.
What was Cleopatra's last dynasty?
- Cleopatra was the last ruler of the Ptolemaic Dynasty, which was founded by Ptolemy I Soter after the death of Alexander the Great.
How many languages did Cleopatra speak?
- Cleopatra was known to speak at least four languages: Greek, Egyptian, Latin, and Aramaic.
Which famous battle did Cleopatra participate in with Mark Antony?
- Cleopatra and Mark Antony famously fought against Octavian in the Battle of Actium, which ultimately led to their defeat and the end of their alliance.
What was Cleopatra's famous trademark beauty feature?
- Cleopatra was known for her striking beauty, particularly her full, red lips, which were often depicted in ancient art.