Modern British Royals Quiz
When Princess Margaret and the Earl of Snowdon divorced in 1978, it was the first royal marriage to dissolve since which of the following?
- Until Princess Margaret's marriage ended there had been no divorces in the royal family since 1540, when King Henry VIII divorced Anne of Cleves, his fourth wife.
Which royal has been criticized for condemning modern architecture?
- The then-Prince Charles has periodically deplored modern architecture, once saying it has caused more damage to London than the bombing of World War II.
Which royal has competed in the Olympics?
- Princess Anne participated in the 1976 Montreal Olympics as a member of the British equestrian team.
The Queen Mother was a particularly dedicated fan of what sport?
- Along with most of the Royal Family, the Queen Mother was an enthusiastic horse racing fan.
Prince William graduated from what famous British school?
- Prince William attended Eton College, Windsor.
As an economy measure, the Royal Family gave up their yacht in 1997, which was named what?
- The royal yacht was named Britannia. It is now a tourist attraction moored at Leith, outside Edinburgh, Scotland.
Prince Michael of Kent and Prince George, the Earl of St. Andrews, cousins of the Queen, are excluded from the succession because each of them have...
- Both Prince Michael of Kent and George, the Earl of St. Andrews, married Roman Catholics. Prince Michael married Baroness Marie-Christine von Reibnitz, while the Earl of St. Andrews married Sylvana Tomaselli.
Which royal has worked for composer Andrew Lloyd Webber?
- For a short time, Prince Edward was part of Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber's Really Useful Theatre Company.
What is Prince Harry's real name?
- Following the custom of using several family names, the second son of Prince Charles and Princess Diana was named Henry Charles Albert David. Harry is just a nickname.
Princess Diana is buried where?
- Diana is buried on an island in a lake at Althorp, the Spencer family estate in Northamptonshire.