How Well Do You Know Lisbon?
What is the name of the famous bridge in Lisbon that resembles the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco?
- 25 de Abril Bridge is an iconic suspension bridge that crosses the Tagus River and connects Lisbon to the municipality of AlmadIt, named after the date of the Carnation Revolution on April 25, 1974, which marked the end of the dictatorship in Portugal.
What is the name of the famous pastry from Lisbon that is made with egg yolks and sugar?
- The Pastel de Belém is a traditional Portuguese pastry that originated in Lisbon. It is made with egg yolks, sugar, and puff pastry and is often dusted with cinnamon. It is said that the recipe was created by the monks at the Jerónimos Monastery in Belém.
What is the name of the famous castle in Lisbon that dates back to the medieval period?
- The São Jorge Castle is a historic fortress that sits on a hill overlooking the city of Lisbon. It dates back to the medieval period and was built by the Moors in the 11th century. Today, visitors can explore the castle to enjoy panoramic views of Lisbon.
What is the name of the famous square in Lisbon that is known for its fountains and mosaics?
- The Praça do Comércio is a large square located in the heart of Lisbon. It is known for its beautiful fountains and mosaics and is surrounded by historic buildings. It was once the site of the Royal Palace before it was destroyed in the 1755 earthquake.
What is the name of the famous museum in Lisbon that houses a large collection of art from around the world?
- The Calouste Gulbenkian Museum is a world-renowned museum located in Lisbon. It houses a large collection of art from around the world, including Egyptian, Greek, and Islamic art, as well as European paintings and sculptures.
What is the name of the famous bridge in Lisbon that is the longest in Europe?
- The Vasco da Gama Bridge is a cable-stayed bridge that spans the Tagus River in Lisbon. It is the longest bridge in Europe, measuring over 17 kilometers in length. It was named after the famous Portuguese explorer Vasco da Gama.
What is the name of the famous tower in Lisbon that was built as a defense system in the 16th century?
- The Belém Tower is a historic tower located in the Belém district of Lisbon. It was built in the 16th century as a defense system to protect the city from invaders. Today, visitors can explore the tower and enjoy stunning views of the Tagus River.
What is the name of the famous park in Lisbon that is known for its exotic plants and animals?
- The Tropical Botanical Garden is a beautiful park located in the heart of Lisbon. It is home to a wide variety of exotic plants and animals, including monkeys, tropical birds, and reptiles.
What is the name of the famous tram in Lisbon that is known for its yellow color?
- The Tram 28 is a famous yellow tram that winds its way through the narrow streets of Lisbon. It is a popular tourist attraction and offers stunning views of the city. Visitors can hop on and off the tram at various stops along the route.
What is the name of the famous church in Lisbon that is known for its intricate tilework?
- The Igreja de São Roque is a beautiful church located in the historic center of Lisbon. It is renowned for its intricate tilework and ornate decorations. The church was originally built in the 16th century and has undergone several renovations.