Meaning of whiteout
Pronunciation: (hwīt'out", wīt'-), [key]
- a condition, found in polar regions, in which uniform illumination from snow on the ground and from a low cloud layer makes features of the landscape indistinguishable.
- a condition of heavily falling or blowing snow in which visibility is very poor.
- an act or instance of whiting out with a correction fluid.
- a white correction fluid used for this: a bottle of whiteout.
- a mistake, as in typing, that has been whited out with a correction fluid.
- whiteout (Thesaurus)