wager: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (wā'jur), [key]
- something risked or staked on an uncertain event; bet: to place a wager on a soccer match.
- the act of betting.
- the subject or terms of a bet.
- a pledge to make good one's cause by the supporting oaths of others or by battle.
- to risk (something) on the outcome of a contest or any uncertain event or matter; bet.
- to pledge oneself to (battle) for the decision of a cause.
- to make or offer a wager; bet.
- wager (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.