Meaning of vertex
Pronunciation: (vûr'teks), [key]
— pl. -tex•es, -ti•ces
- the highest point of something; apex; summit; top: the vertex of a mountain.
- the crown or top of the head.
- the highest point on the midsagittal plane of the skull or head viewed from the left side when the skull or head is in the Frankfurt horizontal.
- a point in the celestial sphere toward which or from which the common motion of a group of stars is directed.
- the vertex of a cone or of a pyramid.
- the point farthest from the base:the vertex of a cone or of a pyramid.
- a point in a geometrical solid common to three or more sides.
- the intersection of two sides of a plane figure.
- vertex (Thesaurus)