Meaning of vertical
Pronunciation: (vûr'ti-kul), [key]
- being in a position or direction perpendicular to the plane of the horizon; upright; plumb.
- of, pertaining to, or situated at the vertex.
- of or pertaining to the cranial vertex.
- (of a leaf&hasp;) having the blade in a perpendicular plane, so that neither of the surfaces can be called upper or lower.
- being in the same direction as the axis; lengthwise.
- of, constituting, or resulting in vertical combination.
- of or pertaining to a product or service from initial planning to sale.
- of, pertaining to, or noting a stratified society, nation, etc.
- something vertical, as a line or plane.
- a vertical or upright position.
- a vertical structural member in a truss.
- vertical (Thesaurus)