Meaning of vacation
Pronunciation: (vā-kā'shun, vu-), [key]
- a period of suspension of work, study, or other activity, usually used for rest, recreation, or travel; recess or holiday: Schoolchildren are on vacation now.
- a part of the year, regularly set aside, when normal activities of law courts, legislatures, etc., are suspended.
- freedom or release from duty, business, or activity.
- an act or instance of vacating.
- to take or have a vacation: to vacation in the Caribbean.
- vacation (Thesaurus)