vacate: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (vā'kāt or, esp. Brit., vu-kāt', vā-), [key]
— v., -cat•ed, -cat•ing.
- to give up possession or occupancy of: to vacate an apartment.
- to give up or relinquish (an office, position, etc.): to vacate the presidency of a firm.
- to render inoperative; deprive of validity; void; annul: to vacate a legal judgment.
- to cause to be empty or unoccupied; make vacant: to vacate one's mind of worries.
- to withdraw from occupancy; surrender possession: We will have to vacate when our lease expires.
- to give up or leave a position, office, etc.
- to leave; go away.
- vacate (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.