Meaning of upright
Pronunciation: (up'rīt", up-rīt'), [key]
- erect or vertical, as in position or posture.
- raised or directed vertically or upward.
- adhering to rectitude; righteous, honest, or just: an upright person.
- being in accord with what is right: upright dealings.
- the state of being upright or vertical.
- something standing erect or vertical, as a piece of timber.
- an upright piano.
- Usually,the goalposts.
- in an upright position or direction; vertically.
- to make upright.
- upright (Thesaurus)