- 1. upright, vertical, structural member
- usage: a vertical structural member as a post or stake; "the ball sailed between the uprights"
- 2. upright, upright piano, piano, pianoforte, forte-piano
- usage: a piano with a vertical sounding board
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. upright, unsloped, vertical (vs. inclined) (vs. horizontal), perpendicular
- usage: in a vertical position; not sloping; "an upright post"
- 2. good, just, upright, righteous (vs. unrighteous)
- usage: of moral excellence; "a genuinely good person"; "a just cause"; "an upright and respectable man"
- 3. erect (vs. unerect), vertical, upright, erectile, fastigiate, orthostatic, passant(postnominal), rampant(postnominal), rearing, semi-climbing, semi-erect, semi-upright, standing(prenominal), stand-up, statant(postnominal), straight, unbent, unbowed
- usage: upright in position or posture; "an erect stature"; "erect flower stalks"; "for a dog, an erect tail indicates aggression"; "a column still vertical amid the ruins"; "he sat bolt upright"
All rights reserved.
See also: upright (Dictionary)