tool: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (tl), [key]
- an implement, esp. one held in the hand, as a hammer, saw, or file, for performing or facilitating mechanical operations.
- any instrument of manual operation.
- the cutting or machining part of a lathe, planer, drill, or similar machine.
- the machine itself; a machine tool.
- anything used as a means of accomplishing a task or purpose: Education is a tool for success.
- a person manipulated by another for the latter's own ends; cat's-paw.
- the design or ornament impressed upon the cover of a book.
- a pistol or gun.
- a pickpocket.
- . penis.
- to work or shape with a tool.
- to work decoratively with a hand tool.
- to ornament (the cover of a book) with a bookbinder's tool.
- to drive (a vehicle): He tooled the car along the treacherous path.
- to equip with tools or machinery.
- to work with a tool.
- to drive or ride in a vehicle: tooling along the freeway.
- to install machinery designed for performing a particular job: manufacturers tooling up for production.
- tool (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.