- 1. tool, implement
- usage: an implement used in the practice of a vocation
- 2. instrument, tool, means, agency, way
- usage: the means whereby some act is accomplished; "my greed was the instrument of my destruction"; "science has given us new tools to fight disease"
- 3. creature, tool, puppet, slave
- usage: a person who is controlled by others and is used to perform unpleasant or dishonest tasks for someone else
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. tool, drive
- usage: drive; "The convertible tooled down the street"
- 2. joyride, tool, tool around, ride
- usage: ride in a car with no particular goal and just for the pleasure of it; "We tooled down the street"
- 3. tool, supply, provide, render, furnish
- usage: furnish with tools
- 4. tool, work, work on, process
- usage: work with a tool
All rights reserved.
See also: tool (Dictionary)