swoop: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (swp), [key]
- to sweep through the air, as a bird or a bat, esp. down upon prey.
- to come down upon something in a sudden, swift attack (often fol. by down and on or upon): The army swooped down on the town.
- to take, lift, scoop up, or remove with or as with one sweeping motion (often fol. by up, away, or off): He swooped her up in his arms.
- an act or instance of swooping; a sudden, swift descent.
- all at once or all together, as if by one blow: The quake flattened the houses at one fell swoop.
- swoop (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.