Meaning of suggestion
Pronunciation: (sug-jes'chun, su-), [key]
- the act of suggesting.
- the state of being suggested.
- something suggested, as a piece of advice: We made the suggestion that she resign.
- a slight trace: He speaks with a suggestion of a foreign accent.
- the calling up in the mind of one idea by another by virtue of some association or of some natural connection between the ideas.
- the idea thus called up.
- the process of inducing a thought, sensation, or action in a receptive person without using persuasion and without giving rise to reflection in the recipient.
- the thought, sensation, or action induced in this way.
- suggestion (Thesaurus)