WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. suggestion, idea, thought
- usage: an idea that is suggested; "the picnic was her suggestion"
- 2. suggestion, proposition, proffer, proposal
- usage: a proposal offered for acceptance or rejection; "it was a suggestion we couldn't refuse"
- 3. trace, hint, suggestion, small indefinite quantity, small indefinite amount
- usage: a just detectable amount; "he speaks French with a trace of an accent"
- 4. suggestion, prompting, persuasion, suasion
- usage: persuasion formulated as a suggestion
- 5. suggestion, higher cognitive process
- usage: the sequential mental process in which one thought leads to another by association
- 6. hypnotism, mesmerism, suggestion, influence
- usage: the act of inducing hypnosis
All rights reserved.
See also: suggestion (Dictionary)