strange: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (strānj), [key]
— adj., adv. strang•er, strang•est,
- unusual, extraordinary, or curious; odd; queer: a strange remark to make.
- estranged, alienated, etc., as a result of being out of one's natural environment: In Bombay I felt strange.
- situated, belonging, or coming from outside of one's own locality; foreign: to move to a strange place; strange religions.
- outside of one's previous experience; hitherto unknown; unfamiliar: strange faces; strange customs.
- unaccustomed to or inexperienced in; unacquainted (usually fol. by to): I'm strange to this part of the job.
- distant or reserved; shy.
- in a strange manner.
- strange (Thesaurus)