WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. strange (vs. familiar), unusual, antic, fantastic, fantastical, grotesque, crazy, curious, funny, odd, peculiar, queer, rum, rummy, singular, eerie, eery, exotic, freaky, gothic, oddish, other, quaint, quaint, weird
- usage: being definitely out of the ordinary and unexpected; slightly odd or even a bit weird; "a strange exaltation that was indefinable"; "a strange fantastical mind"; "what a strange sense of humor she has"
- 2. strange, unknown, unfamiliar (vs. familiar)
- usage: not known before; "used many strange words"; "saw many strange faces in the crowd"; "don't let anyone unknown into the house"
- 3. foreign (vs. native), strange, adventive, alien, exotic, nonnative, established, naturalized, foreign-born, nonnative, imported, tramontane, unnaturalized, unnaturalised
- usage: relating to or originating in or characteristic of another place or part of the world; "foreign nations"; "a foreign accent"; "on business in a foreign city"
All rights reserved.
See also: strange (Dictionary)