Meaning of site
Pronunciation: (sīt), [key]
— n., v., sit•ed, sit•ing.
- the position or location of a town, building, etc., esp. as to its environment: the site of our summer cabin.
- the area or exact plot of ground on which anything is, has been, or is to be located: the site of ancient Troy.
- a connected group of pages on the World Wide Web regarded as a single entity, usually maintained by one person or organization and devoted to one single topic or several closely related topics.
- to place in or provide with a site; locate.
- to put in position for operation, as artillery: to site a cannon.
- site (Thesaurus)