- 1. site, land site, tract, piece of land, piece of ground, parcel of land, parcel
- usage: the piece of land on which something is located (or is to be located); "a good site for the school"
- 2. site, situation, position, place
- usage: physical position in relation to the surroundings; "the sites are determined by highly specific sequences of nucleotides"
- 3. web site, website, internet site, site, computer, computing machine, computing device, data processor, electronic computer, information processing system
- usage: a computer connected to the internet that maintains a series of web pages on the World Wide Web; "the Israeli web site was damaged by hostile hackers"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. locate, place, site, station, post, send, place
- usage: assign a location to; "The company located some of their agents in Los Angeles"
All rights reserved.
See also: site (Dictionary)