shove: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (shuv), [key]
— v., n. shoved, shov•ing,
- to move along by force from behind; push.
- to push roughly or rudely; jostle.
- . to go to hell with: Voters are telling Congress to shove its new tax plan.
- to push.
- . (used to express contempt or belligerence): I told them to take the job and shove it.
- . go to hell: a term of contempt, abuse, disagreement, or the like.
- I think I'll be shoving off now.
- to push a boat from the shore.
- Informal.to go away; depart:I think I'll be shoving off now.
- an act or instance of shoving.
- See(def. 35).
Pronunciation: (shōv), [key]
- shove (Thesaurus)