sensitive: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (sen'si-tiv), [key]
- endowed with sensation; having perception through the senses.
- readily or excessively affected by external agencies or influences.
- having acute mental or emotional sensibility; aware of and responsive to the feelings of others.
- easily pained, annoyed, etc.
- pertaining to or connected with the senses or sensation.
- having a low threshold of sensation or feeling.
- responding to stimuli, as leaves that move when touched.
- highly responsive to certain agents, as photographic plates, films, or paper.
- affected or likely to be affected by a specified stimulus (used in combination): price-sensitive markets.
- involving work, duties, or information of a highly secret or delicate nature, esp. in government: a sensitive position in the State Department.
- requiring tact or caution; delicate; touchy: a sensitive topic.
- constructed to indicate, measure, or be affected by small amounts or changes, as a balance or thermometer.
- easily affected by external influences, esp. by radio waves.
- a person who is sensitive.
- a person with psychic powers; medium.
- sensitive (Thesaurus)