sad: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (sad), [key]
— sad•der, sad•dest.
- affected by unhappiness or grief; sorrowful or mournful: to feel sad because a close friend has moved away.
- expressive of or characterized by sorrow: sad looks; a sad song.
- causing sorrow: a sad disappointment; sad news.
- (of color) somber, dark, or dull; drab.
- deplorably bad; sorry: a sad attempt.
- firm or steadfast.
Pronunciation: (säd), [key]
- the 14th letter of the Arabic alphabet.
- seasonal affective disorder.
- sad (Thesaurus)