renounce: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ri-nouns'), [key]
— v., n. -nounced, -nounc•ing,
- to give up or put aside voluntarily: to renounce worldly pleasures.
- to give up by formal declaration: to renounce a claim.
- to repudiate; disown: to renounce one's son.
- to play a card of a different suit from that led.
- to abandon or give up a suit led.
- to fail to follow the suit led.
- an act or instance of renouncing.
- renounce (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.