reel: Meaning and Definition of
- a cylinder, frame, or other device that turns on an axis and is used to wind up or pay out something.
- a rotatory device attached to a fishing rod at the butt, for winding up or letting out the line.
- a spool on which film, esp. motion-picture film, is wound.
- a roll of motion-picture film.
- a holder for roll film in a developing tank.
- a quantity of something wound on a reel.
- a spool of sewing thread; a roller or bobbin of sewing thread.
- without pause; continuously.
- without delay or hesitation; immediately. Also,right off the reel.
- to wind on a reel, as thread, yarn, etc.
- to unwind (silk filaments) from a cocoon.
- to pull or draw by winding a line on a reel: to reel a fish in.
- to say, write, or produce quickly and easily: The old sailor reeled off one story after another.
- to cause to reel.
- an act of reeling; a reeling or staggering movement.
- a lively Scottish dance.
- music for either of these dances.
- reel (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.