- 1. reel, film, photographic film
- usage: a roll of photographic film holding a series of frames to be projected by a movie projector
- 2. reel, dance music
- usage: music composed for dancing a reel
- 3. reel, winder
- usage: winder consisting of a revolving spool with a handle; attached to a fishing rod
- 4. bobbin, spool, reel, winder
- usage: a winder around which thread or tape or film or other flexible materials can be wound
- 5. reel, Scottish reel, square dance, square dancing
- usage: a lively dance of Scottish Highlanders; marked by circular moves and gliding steps
- 6. Virginia reel, reel, longways, longways dance
- usage: an American country dance which starts with the couples facing each other in two lines
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. stagger, reel, keel, lurch, swag, careen, walk
- usage: walk as if unable to control one's movements; "The drunken man staggered into the room"
- 2. spin, spin around, whirl, reel, gyrate, revolve, go around, rotate
- usage: revolve quickly and repeatedly around one's own axis; "The dervishes whirl around and around without getting dizzy"
- 3. reel, wind, wrap, roll, twine
- usage: wind onto or off a reel
All rights reserved.
See also: reel (Dictionary)