rational: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (rash'u-nl, rash'nl), [key]
- agreeable to reason; reasonable; sensible: a rational plan for economic development.
- having or exercising reason, sound judgment, or good sense: a calm and rational negotiator.
- being in or characterized by full possession of one's reason; sane; lucid: The patient appeared perfectly rational.
- endowed with the faculty of reason: rational beings.
- of, pertaining to, or constituting reasoning powers: the rational faculty.
- proceeding or derived from reason or based on reasoning: a rational explanation.
- capable of being expressed exactly by a ratio of two integers.
- (of a function) capable of being expressed exactly by a ratio of two polynomials.
- capable of measurement in terms of the metrical unit or mora.
- rational (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.