- 1. rational number, rational, real number, real
- usage: an integer or a fraction
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. rational (vs. irrational), coherent, logical, lucid, demythologized, demythologised, intelligent, reasoning(prenominal), thinking(prenominal), reasonable, sane, logical, reasonable#1, sensible, sane
- usage: consistent with or based on or using reason; "rational behavior"; "a process of rational inference"; "rational thought"
- 2. intellectual, rational, noetic, mental (vs. physical)
- usage: of or associated with or requiring the use of the mind; "intellectual problems"; "the triumph of the rational over the animal side of man"
- 3. rational (vs. irrational)
- usage: capable of being expressed as a quotient of integers; "rational numbers"
- 4. rational, intellectual (vs. nonintellectual)
- usage: having its source in or being guided by the intellect (as distinguished from experience or emotion); "a rational analysis"
All rights reserved.
See also: rational (Dictionary)