problem: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (prob'lum), [key]
- any question or matter involving doubt, uncertainty, or difficulty.
- a question proposed for solution or discussion.
- a statement requiring a solution, usually by means of a mathematical operation or geometric construction.
- (used as a conventional reply to a request or to express confirmation, affirmation, or gratitude).
- difficult to train or guide; unruly: a problem child.
- dealing with choices of action difficult either for an individual or for society at large: a problem play.
- problem (Thesaurus)